The aim of the MJP Slinger / Signalman Banksman course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge in order for them to undertake the role of a slinger/signaller.
Following successful completion of the course candidates will be able to select the correct lifting accessories, attach them to loads safely and guide the load using the appropriate hand signals.
Tel: 07545 972 577
LocationsOur Slinger Signaller / Slinger Banksman Training Course can be held at our site in Dudley, West Midlands, using our facilities and equipment. Instructors can also come to your site using your facilities and equipment to train your employees.
Course duration1 day
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator.
- Select appropriate lifting tackle and attach and detach it correctly and safely.
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions.
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, and maintain and store them.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation ‐ LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice ‐ BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads
- Safe use of radios